Go Kart Attendant $16.50/hr
2 Positions Available
Metropolis Resort is seeking a responsible and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Action City Go-Kart Attendant. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the indoor and outdoor (during the summer only) go-kart track, assisting guests with go-kart rides, and providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. This position is a great fit for someone who is willing to be flexible and adaptable. Go-karts specifically is a good fit for someone who isn't afraid to work hard/ sweat (pushing karts), likes to interact with guests and focus on guests safety while enjoying this attraction.
Must be 18+ years old.
The way this position works is we will train you on how to run go-karts well. Then staff members in this position are cross trained into other areas of Action City and the resort. Other positions you may learn are, but not limited to (based on what you are interested in): Serving/Bartending, Action City Kitchen, Kitchen Counter, Attractions/ Trampoline Park, Game Tech, Water Park Front Desk/ Splash Bar Counter.
We're in our winter season now. The winter hours for this position are typically Thursday from 3:45-9:30pm, Friday and Saturday shifts range from 9am-10:30pm, and Sunday shifts range from 9am-5:30pm. In the winter, you can expect 25-30 hours per week with shifts lasting 5-8 hours. Action City will be open more around the holidays, which is the best time of year to work here! During these times staff can expect more hours.
Responsiblities & Duties:
- -Operate and oversee the go-kart track, ensuring adherence to safety guidelines and protocols.
- -Assist guests with go-kart rides, including providing instructions, safety equipment, and securing proper restraints.
- -Monitor the track for any potential hazards and take prompt action to maintain a safe environment.
- -Maintain cleanliness and organization of the go-kart area, including track, queue lines, and equipment.
- -Provide exceptional customer service by addressing guests' inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring a positive experience.
- -Assist with other attractions and activities within Action City as needed.
- -Be able to work outside for a full shift (this is for the outdoor track during the summer)
Metropolis Resort is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.